7th Annual Garden City
Plunge & Strut
presented by the Garden City Police Department and Finney County Sheriff Office, participating agencies
in the Kansas Law Enforcement Torch Run benefiting Special Olympics Kansas
NEW DATE: Saturday, March 9, 2019
Parrot Cove Water Park (Map)
990 Stone Creek Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
Luke Schulte – firstname.lastname@example.org or 620-408-4450
9 a.m. – Registration opens for strut and plunge
10 a.m. – Strut Start
11 a.m. – Polar Party begins
11:30 a.m. – Opening Ceremony and Strut awards
Noon – Plunge!
Don’t forget – all plungers must wear swimsuits under costumes!
Best Costume – individual and group – All Characters Welcome!
Top Fundraising – individual and group
Team with Most Participants
To take part in the Polar Strut you must raise (or pay) a minimum of $30 for entry.
Entry for the Polar Plunge is $75.
Of course we would love for you to raise as much money as possible for Special Olympics Kansas athletes! The more you raise the more Polar Bear Bucks you earn to spend in our Swag Station! See details below. Plus – every dollar you earn helps to keep more than 4,000 Kansas athletes with intellectual disabilities on the playing field throughout the year!
When you register for the Strut or Plunge online you can create your own fundraising webpage to share with friends and family through email and on social media!
Official Kansas Polar Plunge Swag Station
Raise more for Kansas athletes and earn more swag for yourself!
Click HERE for more information!
Register now HERE
Polar Strut (MAP)
- 1 mile Cove Run – 10 laps running in the lazy river!
- 1 mile Fun Run Strut – Outside run with last 0.1 mile running inside up the stairs and sliding down with a tube into the pool!
- 5K timed Polar Strut – Outside run with last 0.1 mile running inside up the stairs and sliding down with a tube into the pool!
- All runs end at the top of the tall slides!
Polar Party (and thaw!) inside Parrot Cove
- Your $75 Plunge entry fee will allow you entry into the Parrot Cove Water Park from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. You can slide, swim and play as much as you want. Make it a full day by purchasing a pass at the water park on Plunge day for $10 and you can stay until the park closes.
Follow the Kansas Law Enforcement Torch Run on Facebook at facebook.com/ksletr
Follow Special Olympics Kansas on Facebook at facebook.com/specialolympicskansas and on Twitter and Instagram @sokansas
2019 Platinum Partners
2019 Gold Partners
2019 Silver Partners
Finney County Sheriff Office