Emporia Polar Plunge
Saturday, February 20, 2021
1101 Topeka Street
Emporia, KS 66801
10:00 a.m. – Polar Strut 5k (Strut can be completed any time and medals may be picked up at the Rec Center)
11:30 a.m. – Polar Plunge
Best Costume – individual and group – All Characters Welcome!
Top Fundraising – individual and group
Team with Most Participants
Don’t forget – all plungers must wear swimsuits under costumes!
Entry for the Polar Plunge is $75 and entry for the Polar Strut (1-mile or 5K) is $30.
Participants can pay their own entry fee, or they can fundraise to cover the amount of their entry fee. Of course we would love for you to raise as much money as possible for Special Olympics Kansas athletes! Every dollar you earn helps to keep more than 4,000 Kansas athletes with intellectual disabilities on the playing field throughout the year!
When you register for the Polar Plunge or Strut online you can create your own fundraising webpage to share with friends and family through email and on social media!
Time until plunge
2021 Fundraising Goal
For questions, reach out to Mitch Guthrie – firstname.lastname@example.org
Covid-19 safety plan
- Special Olympics Kansas and the Polar Plunge fundraising activities will adhere to all local county health gathering size limitations. Should registration exceed the total number of people allowed to congregate within a specific county, time frames will be scheduled.
- Face masks and social distancing will be REQUIRED at all Polar Plunge locations. The only time where a face mask can be removed is while a participant is actively participating in either a Polar Plunge or a Polar Strut.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available in the areas before and after the registration tables.
- In an effort to keep our changing rooms clean, we will encourage social distancing within the tents. Further, sanitizing machines will be used before and after each Polar Plunge. Or in the case with time frames, between each Polar Plunge group.
- Every effort should be made to raise funds online. However, if a participant has cash, checks, or coins to turn in the day of the event, please seal them within an envelope to keep registration sanitary.
- IF a participant does not feel safe with the above protocols, they are more than welcome to partake in the Polar Plunge virtually. Please reach out to the SOKS staff assigned to your Polar Plunge location to switch from an in-person registration to a virtual registration.
- IF a participant is feeling ill or may have been in contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 24 hours before the event, please do NOT attend. Please reach out to the SOKS staff assigned to your Polar Plunge location to switch from an in-person registration to a virtual registration.